Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My new favorite breakfast

It's more than unusual, but really good!  DH doesn't agree and again thinks all I do is eat compost. 
The rough recipe is something like this:

1/2 cup raw broccoli florets
1/2 cup raw cauliflower florets
4 baby carrots
1/2 an apple
few almonds or pecans

Chop everything up in a blender or food processor as small as you would like and then top with milk and a shake of cinnamon.  I also add about 2 T. of this:
It is an interesting seed-cereal that needs to be soaked for 5 minutes so the chia seeds can swell.  Sometimes I add homemade granola instead.  I'd eat this breakfast every day, and frequently do!  It's also good with blueberries in it. 

I also made this cute snack for DD the last week of school:

Just fill two sandwich bags with cereal or other goodies and twist in the middle with a decorated clothespin!

And lastly, I experimented with sprouting my own mung beans.  They turned out well!
This was about day 3 of rinsing/covering--they sprout and grow quickly!  I put them in everything I could think of.  I even paired it with some home-grown spinach and egg for a quick morning snack.

No comments: