Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day of YUM

Today started with crepes made with my "new" cast-iron crepe pan.  They were wonderful!  I filled mine with honey-almond cream cheese and sliced banana, and made DH's with Nutella and banana.  DD said hers was "too sweet", as if there is such a thing! 





We had leftover lima beans and ham for lunch with corn muffins (all delicious!) and then I tried out a new recipe for dinner.  I had ham, spinach, cream and Gouda on hand, and this recipe fit the bill perfectly!  I omitted the Edam cheese and added spinach.  It tasted like grown-up mac n' cheese! 




TORTELLINI WITH CREAM HAM AND CHEESE
SAUCE
 
3 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. flour
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
1/4 lb. Edam cheese, cut into sm. pieces
1/4 lb. Gouda cheese, cut into sm. pieces
3/4 slices of ham
8 oz. tortellini or pasta of your choice
In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add ham and saute. Sprinkle flour over butter and ham. Stir until flour blends with butter. Immediately add cream and heat (don't boil) until sauce thickens. Add cheeses and heat until melted. Boil tortellini according to package directions. Drain and add to sauce. Serve warm. 

No comments: